** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ** Changes to Arrival / End of Day Arrangements from 2nd November
Parentmail message Sent 15 Oct 2020 13:46
The beginning of the day and end of the day have been working well, but we are conscious that as the temperature drops and the weather deteriorates, there can be a very long wait for some families at the end of the day.
So, we are planning to trial the following changes to the timings of the school day from Monday 2nd November. If this doesn’t work, we will revert back to our current arrangements.
Changes are highlighted.
8.40 - 9.00am Flexible Arrival - children come straight into school
Afternoon KS1 playground
2.55pm Sun Bears (except those collected by taxi who will leave at 3.15pm)
3.00pm Little Acorns
3.05pm Year R
3.10pm Year 1
3.15pm Year 2
Afternoon KS2 playground
3.10pm Years 3 & 5
3.15pm Years 4 & 6 & Harriers
If you have more than one child to collect at the same time, please collect the KS1 child first.
For this to work in a COVID-secure way, it is essential that:
adults arrive at the time their first child comes out and not early;
just one one adult per family collects all children;
adults stand back if waiting for other children;
the one way systems are followed;
social distancing and the rule of 6 are maintained;
face coverings are worn.
** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ** Changes to Arrival / End of Day Arrangements
Parentmail message Sent 06 Sep 2020 14:46
I have risk assessed our end of the day collection arrangements and we need to make some changes to ensure that we are keeping everybody as safe as possible. Please comply with the following, as of Monday 7th September:
- All adults and young people from Year 7 upwards, MUST wear a face covering when coming onto the school site (including morning drop-off)*
- Flexible arrival remains 8.30am to 9.00am - this is working really well
- Year R families need to collect children at 2.55pm(this is a change from previously published 3.00pm)
- Year 1 families MUST arrive at 3.10pm(not any earlier)**
- Year 2 families MUST arrive at 3.15pm(not any earlier)**
- There will be a path across the KS1 playground marked with cones - please DO NOT wait in this path - you can cross through it.
- Please respect other people's space and keep 2m apart from others whenever possible.
- Please do not loiter/chat with friends on the school grounds or the pavements around the school.
- Please keep your children with you at all times.
- You may go against the one way system to collect bikes/scooters from the KS1 playground entrance, but must then follow the one way system to exit the site.
* If you have a hidden disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, please wear a face visor or a sunflower lanyard to indicate that you are exempt.
** If you are collecting siblings at an earlier time, please stand well back, or even wait on the field or KS2 playground out of the way of others, if possible.
2.10 How can I stay safe if I am part of a larger gathering?
If taking part in activities with larger groups, you should take particular care to follow social distancing guidelines. In addition to those guidelines, the following principles should be observed to ensure you meet people in a way that minimises the risk of spreading infection:
- limit the time you spend interacting with people from outside your household or support bubble to the activity which you are partaking in
- limit the number of different activities which you partake in succession to reduce the potential chain of transmission
- follow strict social distancing guidelines from people outside your household or support bubble
- group size should be limited to the minimum which allows the activity to take place
- if organising an activity, you should carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment to identify actions which could minimise the risk of transmission. Employers have a legal responsibility to protect workers and others from risk to their health and safety
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.